Jazmine Woodberry, APR
Marketing Communications & Content Professional
I’m certified in crisis communications from FEMA, inbound marketing from Hubspot and Google Analytics. I’m accredited and award winning in public relations from PRSA and Ragan Communications, respectively. Plus, I’m educated in journalism and in pursuit of a master’s in integrated marketing communication.
But my best professional achievement? Helping nonprofits and business from startup to Fortune 100 bring in billions of impressions and millions of dollars from data-driven, targeted marketing and communications.
I’m flexible, fun and fearless in pursuit of translating my journalism bona fides into being the Swiss army knife of your IMC department—no matter the medium, channel or topic.
Got an idea? A question? An opportunity? I’m game for it all. Let’s chat!
Global Content Manager | Avnet | 2017 – Present
Copywriting and content strategist for Avnet’s internal creative agency. Depending on the day, I’m developing blogs, leading multichannel content on global marketing initiatives or aligning teams on three continents around campaign planning. I’m also a content writing resource for the Fortune 100 tech company’s many business units and brands, spanning op-eds, video scripts, email marketing, social media, web copy, digital advertising and sales enablement tools to name a few.
- For example, at CES 2018, I lead onsite social media, content marketing and lead nurture that led to 1.7M in reach, a suite of follow up content and three email marketing nurture flows post-event for 600+ leads.
- I also was lead content developer on a thought leadership campaign with C-suite ghostwriting, content marketing, social media, digital copy and email fielded in the usually dormant holiday months of November and December. With only a $10K amplification budget, our engineering design division 4x month-over-month sales in November and 6x in December during the months our campaign was in market.
Principal Consultant | Berry Media LLC | 2014 – Present
From a small one-to-one freelance practice that began in 2014 to a full-scale LLC established in early 2017, Berry Media LLC is an integrated marketing communications consultancy aimed at providing personalized services to small and medium-sized businesses.
- Case Study — Realty Executives International: In three months, I helped B2C & B2B communications as well as support for internal communications and training for a real estate franchisor with an international footprint of 8,000+ professionals in 500+ brokerages from the U.S., Canada, Mexico and across the globe with: social media: Tripled weekly reach and engagement on Facebook, activated LinkedIn posting to add 400+ followers in three months, and increased average monthly Twitter engagement by 50% — all organically. The business result? Nearly 15% more web traffic from social channels and also the lowest bounce rate of any referrer of web traffic; content marketing: Lead blogger with a 7,000 subscription base. The business result? Between 75-90% of subscribers who engaged with blog content visited the website. I also was on the launch team for a custom digital newsletter for subscribers; learning & training: I created training plans for franchisees, including a 4-part webinar series on turbocharging hyperlocal social media, content marketing and PR.
Media Relations, Social Media & Editorial Manager | Longboard Asset Management | 2015 – 2017
Promoted to increasing levels of responsibility from press officer to media relations & editorial manager during my time with $650M fintech startup Longboard.
- Sole media relations professional who migrated the company’s PR operations in-house, saving $41,000/year while generating 4x the impressions (nearly 200M) and placements (80) YoY in outlets such as CNBC, the Washington Post, Bloomberg and Forbes. The business result? 30% jump in organic website traffic and leads to the sales team. I also brought PR best practices to the company including media training executives and creating the first crisis communications plan.
- Promoted from senior staff writer to editorial manager managed where I penned content for our subscribers as well as for our first inbound marketing process, culminating in a 50M+ owned/earned impression content partnership I chaired with a leading industry association.
- Acted as sole social media manager during my tenure, establishing our presence on Facebook and growing LinkedIn followers by more than 230% through both organic and paid strategies.
Associate Communications Coordinator | PetSmart | 2014 – 2015
Primary communications/learning liaison for PetSmart’s charitable efforts to its 50,000-plus PetSmart associates.
- Hand-coded HTML/CSS for SharePoint intranet redesigned that doubled associate engagement with our pages as well as designed the first multichannel on the job tools to deploy internationally for associate training on PetSmart’s nonprofit.
- Communications generalist for the department: writing fundraising documents (stewardship outreach to associates, the 2015 annual report), acting as organizational spokesperson (running sections of new hire orientation as well as speaking at internal and external events on behalf of the company) and penning multimedia content (contributing to the most successful media campaign in organizational history with an interactive quiz with more than 150K completions, being on the launch team for the first Drupal-based Canadian website and writing web page copy).
- Lead cause marketing event planning, exemplified by the annual point-of-entry communications open house for hundreds of attendees to educate and foster donations that helped support $2 million in funds raised for PetSmart Charities over the course of the year.
Journalist | Various | 2010 – 2014
I wrote, line and copy-edited, designed and section edited at a variety of media outlets:
- This included the Arizona Daily Wildcat (where I was promoted from reporter to desk editor, training 7 reporters as we migrated the Arts section from a pull out into an integrated section of the paper), the Arizona Daily Star (where the first article I penned ran Sunday A1 and garnered me an Employee of the Month Award), the Tucson Weekly, the Arizona Republic (where I garnered two Sunday B1s in the second largest Gannett paper in the country), and the Tombstone Epitaph (where I acted as editor in chief, leading a staff of seven, one of which earned a Society of Professional Journalists award for aggressive coverage of the city’s chamber of commerce). I also was published by millennial new site Mic., the New York Times Co., Thomson Reuters and the Chicago Tribune among others.
- My largest full-time job was in 2012-2013 as an Associate Editor at Oser Communications Group, an international magazine publisher, where I was promoted within five months of arrival from copy editor to assistant editor. In these roles, I manage editorial and advertisement traffic, wrote/page designed and/or copy/line edited as well as managed associate editors and freelance writers for Gourmet News, a monthly food business magazine (from 30-100+ pages) with 25,000 circulation; bi-monthly Convenience Retailer (from 24 to 50 pages) with 11,000 circulation and monthly Kitchenware News & Housewares Review (from 24-50+ pages) with 11,000. I also represented the brand at trade shows, managing logistics and client relations from Austin, Texas to Chicago as I fostered warm sales leads and handled on-site customer service.
Honors B.A., Journalism | The University of Arizona
(In Progress) M.A., Integrated Marketing Communication | Marist College
Awards & Certifications
Competent Communicator, Competent Leader & Advanced Communicator Bronze | Toastmasters International, 2016
Ace Awards | Ragan Communications, 2017
Accreditation in Public Relations | Public Relations Society of America, 2018